22 December 2011

Mummy Says/Daddy Says

Surgery: adenoidectomy

Mummy Says/Daddy Says

Stuffing has had recurrent ear infections for most of winter 2011. From November 2010 through April we had a total of 5 plus various sinus infections. We’ve had two ear infections since October and we’re on our second sinus infection in less than a month. I’ve been pushing for an ENT consult for months now and her pediatricians have put me off each time. Today at her 18 month well check up/shot catch up appointment, she went in with a low grade fever and surprise surprise she has another sinus infection and we have to get a stronger antibiotic and reschedule her immunizations. I do not under ANY circumstance take Stuffing to appointments where shots are given so DH had the pediatrician call me and let me know we need to reschedule and so I could ask my million mummy questions and add them to my excel spreadsheet of information overload.
He calls me from the car with the new scripts name and which pharmacy I can pick it up from and I ask about the ENT consult, “Oh, oops, I forgot.”

Mummy says, “I really think the adenoid needs to come out and tubes inserted. We need to set up the consult.”

Daddy says, “Come out? You mean surgery?”

Mummy says, “Yes, under anesthesia, it takes about 20-30 minutes.”

Daddy says, “No, not at all, when she’s older maybe. Candi , no.”

No comments:

Post a Comment