20 February 2012

Book 6/50

Dodge the BulletDodge the Bullet by Christy Hayes


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book was a Kindle freebie that I enjoyed. I always go into the freebies with lowered expectations because well, they're free and most likely self published. There are a few typos (approx. 20) but not enough to distract the reader. The story over all, well written, grammatically correct, thought out and is very straight forward in the romance department.




I'm an admitted romance novel fan so my review comes from that stand point, if someone generally does not read romance they will be turned off. My only complaints with the story line were the additions of Lyle and Kevin's viewpoint coming out of left field. I think the book dragged longer than necessary and could have been about 3-4 chapters shorter. Also Dodge's back-story could have been beefed up, I felt that it fell very flat and was not enough for the entire town to hold so much hostility towards him.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment