28 July 2011

Year 2

N and I celebrated our two year anniversary yesterday. We boogied over to Savannah to have dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House (which was OK). It was our first time eating at Ruth's Chris and while the dining experience was pleasurable, the food was only so-so and I would not return. While there celebrating we met another couple who decided to celebrate their 36th anniversary, they called our two years baby years. They were great to talk to and gave us good sound advice on how to keep going for another 34 years (minus the four children of course). Their biggest suggestion of course was communication and always considering how your actions affect your spouse and your family unit. They still seemed so excited to be in each others company even though they have spent over three decades together. I love seeing obviously happy couples, it makes my cold heart melt.

Last year for our anniversary, we spent the day in the NICU with Natty and then had a quick bite at Outback just to say we "celebrated" but our celebration was not in good spirits. I was depressed and wanted my baby to be home and healthy not hooked up to machines and sick. It felt great this year for my prayer to be true. I was able to go out and enjoy a few hours with N while Natty stayed with her Aunty T and apparently munched on chicken, bread and a nutragrain bar AND drank out of a straw. She is learning so quickly and surprises me every day.

Stuffing last year at MUSC


Yesterday was also Natalia's Name Day which we celebrate as something special just for her especially since it fell on our anniversary (dumb luck) and with her being a preemie I like to do special little things for her. Last summer I worked with an intern from Poland who started shortly after Natty was born and her name was Natalia as well. She explained the importance of Name Days in her native Poland and I thought it would be something neat to do especially for Natty being in hospital at the time. I have continued the tradition this year and purchased her first doll, Lucy.  I found Lucy on Pottery Barn Kids and fell in love with her instantly. She is just the perfect size (fits in the palm of my hand) and small enough for Natty to handle on her own. She did not like Lucy yesterday when I presented her but this morning she did play with her, she figured out that Lucy's leg fit in her mouth and is a perfect chew toy for the 4 teeth she has coming in on top.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!

    I'm a new GFC follower from the Finding New Friends Blog Hop. I hope you'll drop by my blog and follow back.

    www.LisaBlogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very touching post Candi with a lovely picture. Belated Happy Anniversary to you and Happy Belated Birthday to Natalia. Take care and I look forward to visiting your Blog regularly.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete