04 July 2011

"Welcome to being a Mommy"

I had plans to head to Atlanta for the long holiday weekend but on Friday daycare called my husband to let him know that Stuffing had diarrhea and needed to be picked up right away. So there went out weekend of cooking out, the Aquarium and the park. I was in no way comfortable taking a 5 hour drive with her in the back seat and diarrhea. So we've been home all weekend so she can recuperate. Of course I call my BFF bka my mummy and her sage words were "Well kids, welcome to being a mommy, you do what's best for your baby and nothing less. I'm so proud of the woman and mother you're becoming"

I love mummy a thousand times over, but my reasons for not going were no where near so altruistic. The thought of having to scrub her and the car seat down with a couple bottles of Deer Park water was not appealing. So I'll try for another trip later in the summer. I really do want to eventually make it to the Aquarium because I've never been and I hear rave reviews.

Being Natalia's mother is great and I can roll with the sacrifices for her because I generally don't see it as a sacrifice. Any excuse to spend 3 days in bed or the sofa being bums together is actually a high lite in my life. Dropping her off at day care 5 mornings week is the bigger sacrifice. Vacations come and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment